Home > Red >

2020 Amador County Grenache Noir
2020 Amador County Grenache Noir


 
Alternative Views:


Our Price: $25.00


Product Code: C20GR
Qty:

Description
 
A perfect Grenache for Pinot drinkers, this chillable red wine is bursting with fruit flavors of wild strawberries, Hawaiian Punch, raspberry, and cherry fruit roll up, highlighted with cinnamon and white pepper spices. It's delicious, it's versatile, and we have paired with anything from pizza to duck to grilled chicken and vegetables...the fresh acidity and light tannin finish would even hold up to red meats like Hanger Steak and Filet Mignon. Only 74 cases produced, so please buy this wine before we drink it all!

Winemaking
This is our first time working with the younger vines from the top of a steep vineyard on the east side of Amador County, so we wanted to make a light, fruit-driven wine that could be served chilled and perfect for sipping. To achieve this, we sorted 60% of the fruit whole cluster into the bottom of our large, open-air fermenters and then destemmed the remaining 40% of the Grenache on top of the clusters. The wine underwent a 16-day native fermentation before we lightly pressed the juice into old French Oak barrels, where it aged for seven months before being bottled unfined and unfiltered.