Home > Red >

2014 Russian River Valley "Alegría Vineyard" Cabernet Franc
2014 Russian River Valley "Alegría Vineyard" Cabernet Franc


 
Alternative Views:


Our Price: $28.00

Product Code: 1403
Qty:

Description
 
A wine buyer once described this wine as, "a shy dude with great hair.” I think what he meant is the wine has characteristics of a certain restrained elegance. I fermented this wine about 10% whole-cluster, meaning I added the best whole clusters of fruit (including the stems) into the fermentation with the remaining 90% desteemed, not crushed. This light-handed treatment of the fruit leads to subtle hints of bell pepper, forrest floor, herbs, raspberries and Santa Rosa plum.
Pairs with many foods, including game hens, crispy skin trout, burgers, and turkey + cranberry sauce

Winemaking

Grapes were destemmed whole berry and cold soaked for four days prior to letting the temperature rise and natural fermentation starting. After a 10-day fermentation with twice daily punchdowns, the grapes were pressed off and the juice was barreled into four neutral French Oak barrels where they aged for 13 months prior to being bottled unfined and unfiltered.